Preparing for 2023 in the face of uncertainty: a panel discussion
These are some of the most turbulent and unpredictable economic times that I’ve seen in a long time, maybe even in my entire career.
I think we’re all going to be tested in the coming year with changing capital markets and interest rates, inflation, geopolitical issues, and supply chain constraints.
However, difficult times also give business leaders the greatest opportunity to create new markets and new ways of doing business.
What should we do to prepare for 2023?
I invited 3 experts to join me for a panel discussion to share their predictions and advice from the perspective of:
- Wealth management – Ali Nasser, founder of AltruVista
- Investment banking – Walter Tomlinson, Principal with Statesman
- Commercial banking – Jared Grabow, VP with Sunflower Bank
The full recording is below.
We had a lively, information-packed hour discussing the answers to these questions:
- Is this a bull market or a bear market?
- What is happening with capital markets? What should we expect going forward?
- Will inflation continue to rise? Or has it peaked?
- What is the relationship between inflation, supply chain issues, and interest rates?
- Is this a good time for owners to exit? Or should they wait?
- What’s happening with credit markets and interest rates?
- Where is the best place to park capital right now?
- How much liquidity should businesses have?
- When should businesses consider setting up a revolving line of credit?
- What strategies should a business with a strong balance sheet consider?
- Is M&A a buyer’s market or seller’s market right now?
- Are valuation multiples falling for privately held companies?
- What are the opportunities in a down cycle?
- Why is this a good time to look at estate planning?
- How should family businesses define, calculate, and monitor liquidity?
Would you like advice for your specific situation?
If you’d like to speak with an Alliance advisor, you can book a complimentary consultation here: talk to an advisor
Panelist contact information is below. They would be happy to hear from you!