At the Alliance, we focus on helping family businesses prosper.
Today, we’re going to consider the view from take an up close and personal view of the individual’s experience in a family business.
What does it *feel* like to work in a family business?
How do you set boundaries between home and work?
And what do you do when you’re ready to leave…and it’s the right decision for YOU…but it feels like everyone in the family is counting on you?
I was recently interviewed on the Audacious Living podcast about my personal experience in a family business.
Here are some of the topics we discussed:
- The blur between business and family
- How the perception of nepotism can create unhealthy performance pressure
- Playing it safe vs stretching
- How when you’re reaching limits, you need outside help
- How to empower people to make great decisions
- The biggest issues in family businesses
- Generational changes in family business
- The importance of time and surrender
- Making big decisions
- The challenge with “going outside of the expected checklist”
- Why making mistakes and trying new things are valuable
- The importance of welcoming discomfort
- Why it’s sometimes necessary to be torn down to build back up
You can listen to the episode here: Brandi Marek on the Audacious Living podcast
Or watch the video below