Experienced guidance to help you plan for the future of the business while balancing the family's needs.
SUCCESSION CAN BE COMPLICATED IN FAMILY BUSINESSES
Many entrepreneurs dream of handing down a family business and seeing the business they started thriving in the hands of the next generation.
But statistics show that succession can be riddled with challenges.
Family business are even more complicated due to the overlap of business and family:
- Blurred boundaries between ownership & management - which often leads to conflict
- Lack of Corporate Governance codes & principles
- Emotions influencing strategic decision making - succession in particular
GET HELP ENSURING A SMOOTH TRANSITION
Succession is a lengthy process that shouldn't be left to chance.
The Alliance can help you ensure a smooth transition to the next generation by:
- Developing a shared vision among family members
- Creating a plan to keep the family united once the established leader steps down
- Avoiding conflict between family members by clarifying distribution of shares, roles, authority, and compensation
- Creating a harmonious atmosphere through emphasizing family values, loyalty and traditions
Rob’s your guy if you have a family in conflict and you want to save the business
He can quickly get to the root cause of disruption in a family owned business. He brings focus to what should be driving decision making – often with his very first question: do you want to be a business first family or a family first business?
Rob is even-keeled when things get tough, or a situation is difficult. He always has the client’s best interests at heart, and he offers a calm and comforting presence. This work is personal to Rob, you’re not just a transaction, the relationship matters to him.