Do you ever feel trapped by your business?
You might be stuck in something we call the Family Business Owner’s Trap.
Here are 7 signs or symptoms. How many of them apply to you?
- You’ve lost your passion for the business. It’s become a job to you, and it’s no longer fulfilling (if it ever was.)
- You work more hours than anyone else in the company
- You don’t have an exit plan…you can’t even go on a vacation.
- You’re dependent on your paycheck from the business for your survival. And it is just a paycheck, there’s no profit above and beyond. The real kicker for some people is that despite taking all the responsibility, all the risk, and doing all that work – you may not be the highest compensated person in the company.
- You can’t quit. You need the money that your “business owner job” provides and you don’t have alternatives. You don’t know what you would do instead.
- Your business has become your identity. You’re working so many hours you’ve overlooked (or forgotten) your life outside of the business.
- The business is dependent on you. You’re the rainmaker, the HR manager, the CFO, the production manager…you may even be driving a truck. Decisions need to go through you. The place would fall apart without you.
The good news is that there IS a way out.
Our Prosperity Process is designed to get you out of the trap, back in touch with your motivation and drive – and at the helm of a prosperous business that can run without you.
To learn more, watch our free online training: the Prosperity Plan: 9 keys to a business that generates wealth, enables freedom, and creates a legacy